top of page

Smoked Beef Brisket (COVID-19 Quarantine Special: Part One)

Like the rest of the world right now, we've been doing our part in social distancing and have stuck around the house 98% of the time; the remaining 2% spent outdoors exercising to gain sanity, or at the grocery store losing the sanity gained.

That said, having this forced time to re-strategize life's priorities has found Jason's and I back in the kitchen. It also presented us with a unique opportunity to try a new hobby in pellet smoking/grilling.

First, a special shout-out to Cuisinart, Walmart and Boltz Group/Embers Grill Company for hooking us up with the new Woodcreek 4-in-1 Bluetooth Pellet Smoker. I teamed up with Midlife Draftee on a collaboration for this project, so while I focused on the recipes, he did a review of the smoker. Check that out below!

Back to the food. As I mentioned above, going grocery shopping these last few months has been anything from the usual enjoyable time of inspiration. It's become the bane of my existence, and I don't feel like I'm over-exaggerating. How on earth was I suppose to keep making two portions of food with the shelves looking like this?!

This is where Jason came up with the best idea. Let's grab frozen turkeys, hams, briskets and other large cuts of meat, cook those and use them in prep to make multiple kinds of recipes. That way, we're still making two portions, variety is still the game changer and we actually save some $$$ too. He's a winner, y'all. I love this man. So here we go! The next few blogs will be all about cooking with a large meat cut, and transforming the original recipe into smaller variety version using that ingredient. This has been a really cool challenge to try throughout the past few months and I'm super stoked to finally be able to get it out to you. This week's post is focusing on Beef Brisket. We also mass-made Carolina Coleslaw and Brisket Mac n' Cheese, which, while I don't recreate into sandwiches, etc. The YouTube Community requested those recipes too, and I can't say no to sharing deliciousness. Those will be coming soon as bonus recipes.

May we all stay safe during this epic craziness, enjoy those we live with, surround ourselves with love, peace and delicious food. <3



(Original Recipe by: Traeger Grills)

(Brisket as a main is usually served 4-6 oz per person)


1 (12-14 lb) whole brisket, trimmed

Your Favorite Spice Rub (We mixed Brown Sugar, Smoked Paprika, Salt, Coarse Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Salt to taste)

Beef Broth

Optional: Brown Sugar, Your Favorite BBQ Sauce

Tools Needed

Pellet Smoker

Pellets (We used Pit Boss Mesquite)

Butcher Paper

Meat Probes (our Woodcreek 4-in-1 pellet grill has two that come with it!)

Cutting Board

Butcher's Knife

Spray Bottle or Squeeze Bottle

Optional: Baking Tray


  1. Bring your brisket out at least 1-hour before cooking. If you're doing this at 6am, I highly encourage you to make coffee first.

  2. About 20 minutes before you're ready, preheat your cooker of choice. For the pellet grill, we recommend 225 degrees.

  3. Season the brisket on all sides with your favorite spice rub. We made our own and eyeballed everyone to our preference for the spices, however, I highly recommend one like Penzy's if you're looking for some suggestions.

  4. Shove those meat probes in the brisket before placing on the grill.

  5. Place brisket, fat side down on grill grate. Cook brisket until it reaches an internal temperature of 160℉, about 5 to 6 hours. When brisket reaches internal temperature of 160℉, remove from grill.

  6. OPTIONAL: On the cutting board with your knife, remove the brisket point from the brisket flat. Chop up that brisket point into cubes, put into a pan, sprinkle a mixture of brown sugar and your favorite BBQ sauce and mix. Put that back into the smoker. Trust me. Burnt Ends are MEAT CANDY. You can also forgo this suggestion and skip to Step 7 altogether.

  7. Wrap the brisket with butcher paper, adding some beef broth to the packet. You will want to add some broth to a spray bottle.

  8. Return brisket to grill and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 204℉, about 3 hours more. Keep an eye on the moisture level and add more broth as needed to prevent drying out.

  9. Once finished, remove from grill, unwrap from paper and let rest for AT LEAST 30 minutes. Slice against the grain and serve.


#Dinner #Beef #Brisket #BBQ #Smoker #PelletSmoker #FoodPrep

bottom of page